Product Description & Reviews
Artist Stephen Schlanser, who spent an apprenticeship with renowned German glass artisan Paul von Domarus, transforms heavy glass sheets into the component parts of this beautifully detailed watch winder case. Both the base and lid are first hand-cut and then highly polished using diamond wheels. The case sides are then diamond cut and high-pressure sandblasted to produce the decorative etched surface.
Enclosed in this exquisite Artist-signed and dated Watch Winder Case is Orbita's "made-in-the-USA" patented Rotorwind winding movement featuring ball-bearing construction and solid-state controls insuring a long and maintenance-free life.
Rotorwind is unique in that it swings, oscillates, an automatic watch, rather than rotating it. This specific movement mimics the natural swinging action of the wrist. With a series of oscillations triggered by a single revolution of a low current draw-drive motor, power is needed only for either a 10 minute cycle with an estimated 900-950 Turns-Per-Day (TPD) or a 15 minute cycle with an estimated 750 TPD. Battery service life can be measured in terms of years not months. Operates on Two Lithium D-Cell Batteries. Batteries are long lasting up to 5 years.
Comes complete with a 2 year warranty for any defects in materials and/or workmanship. An extended warranty is available for purchase through Orbita.
WE ARE A FULLY AUTHORIZED DEALER.
Features & Highlights
- Each Exquisitely Etched Glass Watch Winder Case is signed and dated by the Artist Stephen Schlanser. Made in the USA. Comes with a 2 year warranty for any defects in materials and/or workmanship.
- Outer Finish: Etched Glass with Black Lid measuring (inches) 6.0H X 14.5W x 10.0D.
- Interior Surface: Lined in Rich Suede for oscillating three timepieces.
- Rotorwind is programmable in either 10 minute cycles with an estimated 900-950 Turns-Per-Day (TPD) or 15 minute cycles with an estimated 750 TPD.
- Operates on Lithium D-Cell Batteries. Batteries are long lasting up to 5 years.
|Item Weight:||22 pounds|
|Item Size:||10 x 6 x 6 inches|
|Package Weight:||25 pounds|
|Package Size:||0 x 0 x 0 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.